02/04/22 10 am - 6 pm
03/04/22 9 am - 5 pm
09/04/22 10 am - 6 pm
This is a crash course in group skills, suited to people working on building community. Few of us were taught what is involved in working together in groups, about collaboration and about creating and sustaining community. This course is a prerequisite for becoming a member, but it is also open to anyone. The course comprises six 3 hour modules as follows:
1. Personal development (What is it and why do we need it) - Social brain anatomy, Addressing development trauma, Emotions, Core beliefs & Protection systems, the Corridor of well-being
2. The art of dialogue (How to have connecting conversations) - What is in the way, Great conversations, What is dialogue, Dialogue practice
3. Conflict resolution (How to use conflict to improve relationships) - The nature of conflict, Non Violent Communication, Our need for safety and belonging, Tools
4. Decision making (How to make decisions that everyone can enjoy) - Foundations, Decision making methods, What is consensus, Coloured cards, Sociocracy, The role of the agenda
5. Facilitation (How to plan and conduct a productive meeting) - Why facilitate, Understanding the meeting process, Participation formats, Strategies & skills
6. Connection (How to achieve deeper connections and bondings in relationships) - Why connect, What's in the way, How to connect, Bonding (connection that lasts)
The course costs $175, (refundable in the event of cancellation or with 7 days notice).
The venue is Maunu area of Whangarei.